How often should I get my car serviced?
One of the most common questions we get asked here at B & W is “How often should I get my car serviced?”. Most people know that car servicing is important but aren’t sure how often it’s needed to keep their vehicle running safely and efficiently. The frequency of servicing can vary depending on several factors. Including the car’s make and model, its age, and your driving style. However, in general, we advise getting a service at least once a year or every 10,000 to 12,000 miles, whichever comes first. Read on to find out more.
Why is car servicing important?
There are a number of reasons why car servicing is so important, including:
- Safety. Regular servicing helps to ensure that your car is working safely. We inspect key components such as brakes, tyres, steering and suspension during a service to identify any potential problems. Fixing any issues quickly can help prevent breakdowns or accidents caused by faulty parts.
- Performance. Servicing your car regularly can help to optimise its performance. We can replace or clean components like filters, spark plugs, and fluids during servicing, which can improve fuel efficiency, engine power, and overall driving experience.
- Saves you money. Regular car servicing can enable you to save money. This is because it allows our mechanics to find and fix any minor issues before they become bigger, more serious problems down the line. By addressing these problems early, you can prevent more costly repairs in the future. You may also find that regular servicing can lead to improved fuel efficiency through the replacement of clogged or dirty filters. This can optimise fuel consumption and allow you to save money on fuel costs.
Other Important Factors:
- Longevity. A car that’s undergone regular servicing is likely to last much longer than one that hasn’t. Servicing can keep your car running optimally for a long period of time, prolonging its life. Servicing can help to identify and address issues with your car, with the mechanic inspecting various components and detecting any faults or signs of wear and tear early on. By addressing these problems promptly, you can prevent further damage, ultimately extending the lifespan of the vehicle.
- Resale value. Many motorists fail to realise that a vehicle that’s been regularly serviced will nearly always have a higher resale value than a vehicle that hasn’t been regularly serviced. This is because when potential buyers are considering purchasing a second-hand car, they tend to look for vehicles that are in good condition and consistently well-maintained. Having a full service history allows you to demonstrate that the vehicle has been regularly maintained over the years.
- Warranty. When our customers ask us “How often should I get my car serviced?”, we always tell them to get their warranty. The warranty provided by a car’s manufacturer normally outlines the recommended service intervals. It’s important to adhere to these guidelines in order to maintain the validity of your warranty. If you fail to follow the recommended service schedule, you could potentially void your warranty.
Do manufacturers have different requirements regarding servicing?
Yes, manufacturers often have different requirements regarding the frequency of car servicing. Each manufacturer may have its own service schedule which you’ll find in the owner’s manual. These schedules are normally based on a number of factors such as the specific model of the vehicle, engine type, and other components of the vehicle.
Manufacturers often provide recommended service intervals for routine maintenance tasks like oil changes, fluid checks and filter replacements. These intervals tend to vary, ranging from every 5,000 miles to every 15,000 miles, depending on the manufacturer and the specific vehicle.
We strongly advise following the manufacturer’s recommended service schedule. This won’t just help to ensure the optimal functioning of the vehicle but it will help protect its warranty too. If you fail to keep up with the recommended maintenance schedule outlined in the owner’s manual or use a non-approved service to carry out the work, you risk your car warranty becoming void.
Car servicing in Rossington
For car servicing in Rossington or the surrounding areas, look no further than B & W. Within our fully-equipped auto centre, we can service vehicles of all makes and models, using the latest diagnostic tools and genuine parts to deliver a high-quality service every time. We can provide both full and interim services, carrying out tasks such as oil changes, fluid checks, brake inspections, and much more. Whether it’s routine maintenance or addressing a specific issue with your car, we can assist.
If you know your car is due for a service, don’t delay booking it into our auto centre. Delaying a service can have a negative impact on both your vehicle and your wallet. Not only can it lead to reduced performance and safety risks but it could also result in expensive repairs being necessary along with warranty issues. Book your car into B & W today and relax in the knowledge that your car is running safely and efficiently.
Motorists have been choosing us for car servicing in Rossington for several years, with our fantastic reputation for reliability and affordable prices ensuring that people come back to us time and time again. Check out the testimonials on our website to find out what our customers are saying about our services.
Now you know the answer to the question “How often should I get my car serviced?”, you may be looking to book your vehicle into our garage. Call us on 01302 969860 to discuss your car servicing requirements with one of our friendly team. Alternatively, you’re welcome to send us a message via our website and we’ll get back to you right away. We’re on hand to provide full or interim servicing for your car at a highly competitive price.